Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
gDoubleYa
Regular MemberPosts: 150Gear list
Like?
Re: Sx220 vs Sx280 screen
In reply to Dervast, 7 months ago

Dervast wrote:

Hi,

I was in the market today and I wanted to share the following with you. I was playing with the sx280 and I found the back screen color reproduction and overall quality to be worse than this of the old sx220 series.

I looked then on the internet to find details about the two lcds under question but I have not found anything.. Do you know if what I am reporting here holds? That the latest sx280 series has worse lcd compared to the oldest sx220 series.

I would like to thank you in advance for your reply

Regards

Alex

I have a sx280 and a 330HS and although they both have the same LCD specs, I notice that sx280 lcd has a better AWB balance (whiter) display. The 330HS lcd has a yellow cast regardless of awb setting. Those with both cameras sx280 and 330HS check and see if same in your case??

But here are the specs and reviews of sx210, sx230, & sx280 LCD's displays: All from:

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Canon_PowerShot_SX280_HS/

"The SX280 HS is dominated by a 3in screen with 461k dots. the good news is the screen on the SX280 HS is at least bright and colourful, and remains visible under all but the brightest conditions."

LCD: 7.5 cm (3.0”) PureColor II G (TFT). Approx. 461,000 dots

"The SX230 HS has a 3in widescreen display with 16:9 proportions. The 460k dot resolution results in a crisp detailed image that's bright, contrasty and easy to see from most angles though in bright sunlight, like all screens, it's a bit of a struggle."

LCD 7.5 cm (3.0”) PureColor II G (TFT), 16:9 aspect ratio, Approx. 460,000 dots

"As for detail, the SX210 IS's screen employs a fairly average 230k resolution, using a stretched 320x240 grid. As for the quality of the screen itself, it's bright and colourful, but susceptible to reflections from direct bright light – with the Sun behind you, it can become hard to see, but that's par for the course for most displays."

-- hide signature --

Gw -Don't mind the noise in the market...jus' remember the PRICE of the fish!&

gDoubleYa's gear list:gDoubleYa's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX280 HS Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow