Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Michael Geary
Regular MemberPosts: 319Gear list
Like?
Love the RX100M2 Illustration effect!
5 months ago

I had no idea this camera had these nifty Watercolor and Illustration effects - and that you could apply them after the fact! - until I ran across some discussions here, mostly about the Watercolor effect.

For anyone else like me who didn't know about these, you take your pictures normally with either JPEG or JPEG+RAW, and then in Play mode pick the photo you want, press the Menu button, go to the Play menu #2 and select Picture Effect. You can add either effect there. And don't worry, when it saves the photo with the effect added, it saves a new copy and leaves your original alone.

So far it's been the Illustration effect that's caught my fancy. I like the way these two turned out, straight out of the camera with Illustration (medium level) effect added, and minor cropping:

Michael Geary's gear list:Michael Geary's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony RX100 II Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +5 more
Sony RX100 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow