Let's poll it: Do you use CNX2?

Started 10 months ago | Polls thread
Jim F
Senior MemberPosts: 1,767
Like?
Re: Photo Ninja ...
In reply to anotherMike, 10 months ago

anotherMike wrote:

Yea, I might be using photo ninja a lot more once NX2 goes away. I really, really, really wish photo ninja had a proper curves control and a good LCH editor. It did that (and perhaps had a bit better performance), I probably could fully move away from Nikon software products as photo ninja is IMO one of the very few raw converters that gets Nikon skin tones where they need to be without countless hours of jacking around with things - and it's a better converter than ACR/LR for landscape as well. ACR/LR really is the weakest of the bunch for me, so I'll have to consider other options, including perhaps spreading the conversions out between the new NX-D, Capture One, and Photo Ninja dependent on what I need to do.

-m

AnotherMike: Agree with your points. I am no expert on Photo Ninja. I'd like to see it do a few more things too and have a little better documentation. I don't fully comprehend a lot of the functions, some of which seem redundant. I bought the program principally to deal with the noise issues of the RAW NEFs from the Nikon V2. It does a really nice job on the noise issues, much better than CNX2.

Works pretty well with Aperture too in that Aperture can keep the original NEF, export a TIFF to Photo Ninja, and then send the edited TIFF back to Aperture.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow