A used Pentax FA*200/4 Macro lens.

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
JeffAHayes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,968Gear list
Like?
Re: A used Pentax FA*200/4 Macro lens.
In reply to Jim Beverlin, 10 months ago

Jim Beverlin wrote:

Damn! It's gone. I would have bought it. Looked for one for well over 1 year.

Thought I could use the new 1.4X teleconverter on my 100mm DFA lens but it will not work. Keep looking and maybe a Sigma 150mm may come about.

-- hide signature --

JRB

Yeah, Jim, I noticed it's gone, as well. That new 1.4 TC is SUPPOSED TO WORK with the D FA 100mm F2.8. Are you telling me it DOESN'T??? That just sucks!

Ron posted about a used Sigma F3.5 180 Macro here last fall at KEH for $599 and I picked that up. It takes pretty great macro shots, but it's got a VERY FINICKY auto-focus on it (seems even worse when I click on the focus-limiting switch), and doesn't seem to work very well at all as a telephoto lens. All the same, when I can get it to focus for a macro shot it does a great job, and considering I paid less for that than what Pentax is charging for the D FA 100 F2.8 it was worth the $$$. It's actually big and heavy enough that it comes in its OWN foam-padded case, similar to the case the "baby-bigma" 50-500 F4.5-6.3 comes in, just not quite as big. Suits me fine, as that's one less lens I have to try to CRAM into my already bursting-at-the-seams Tamrac 1319 bag (which, when I bought it a couple years back, I thought I may NEVER fill up, lol).

Good luck finding a longer macro lens, but I wouldn't hold my breath about Sigma releasing any more of THEIRS on K-mount.

Jeff

-- hide signature --

A word is worth 1/1000th of a picture... Maybe that's why I use so many words!

JeffAHayes's gear list:JeffAHayes's gear list
Pentax WG-3 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow