Sony DSC - RX200 / RX100M3 Release thoughts. To buy or to wait....

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ABTPhoto
Junior MemberPosts: 25Gear list
Like?
Sony DSC - RX200 / RX100M3 Release thoughts. To buy or to wait....
5 months ago

Im heading to Hawaii ion the 2nd of August 2014 for 3 weeks and I'm looking for a compact quality camera to replace my previous DSLR ( Sony A77 w/ 16-50mm 2.8 ) as it was FAR too heavy to travel with so it got the flick.

As such, I recently picked up a second hand Japanese made RX100 for $120 online from a desperado scavenging for cash, I loved every aspect of the Rx100 apart from a lack of a few commercial features ( Wifi, Hotshoe, NFC ). In all it was an amazing camera for that price.

However my bargain RX100 was short lived when my butterfingers girlfriend dropped it, never to work again reduced to a impressive paperweight, so its time to move forwards and look at the newer model(s).

My dilemma stands at should I purchase a Rx100M2 Now or should I wait until the new RX200 / RX100M3 is released and or If it will be released in time for my Holiday in August ?
Any advice would be appreciated !

ABTPhoto's gear list:ABTPhoto's gear list
Samsung Galaxy Camera 4G RX100 III
Sony RX100 Sony RX100 II Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow