New K5-IIs: Shutter count jumps from 0240 to 1933 on next shot. Strange!

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bobolink
Forum MemberPosts: 57Gear list
Like?
New K5-IIs: Shutter count jumps from 0240 to 1933 on next shot. Strange!
9 months ago

Hello,

I just bought a new K-5IIs at Adorama last Friday (Feb 21). That evening I shot 240 shots of a music concert (100-0001 thru 100-0240). The next time I used the camera (Sun Feb 23) the first shot was 101-1933! They have continued sequentially since then to my current last shot, 103-2063. So my shutter count is now 2063, though I really only shot 301 pictures.

The one thing I did in between the first day of shooting (1-240) and the next day (starting at 1933) was update my firmware from 1.00 to 1.06. I used the card from my K-01 for the update. I THINK I re-formatted the card in my K-5IIs before I put the firmware on it but it is possible that i didn't. The reason that I bring this up is that my K-01 shutter count is now 1926, uncannily close to the 1933 count that my K-5IIs jumped to.  Probably no connection but I can't think of a better explanation.  I'm totally baffled!

Does anybody have a clue as to what might be going on here?

Thanks!

-Bob

Bobolink's gear list:Bobolink's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow