Wide angle for A7/R?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
sean lancaster
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,533Gear list
Like?
Re: Wide angle for A7/R?
In reply to Godfrey, 10 months ago

Godfrey wrote:

It's a matter of choices. I don't want lenses that I have to do color shift corrections just to get a normal image to work with. It complicates all the rendering work. If you're willing to add that to your image processing workflow, sure.

For me, I'd much rather have the Elmarit-R 19/2.8 or Nikkor 18mm f/3.5 AI-S. Neither of them show any color shifting and they focus a lot closer without needing a complicated mount adapter. They produce results as good or better than the Voigtländer. The Nikkor is available for a good bit less money too, $450-$800 for a clean example.

On my 6D, I tried the Voigtländer Color-Skopar 20mm f/3.5 SL II Aspherical and the f/3.5 is just too slow for what I like to shoot. My buddy posted a few more shots with the Voigtlander 21/1.8 and I really like how it generates pleasant out of focus areas:

Not exceptional composition obviously, but I couldn't get this shot with f/3.5. People who want landscape lenses probably aren't going to hesitate to start with f/3.5 or f/2.8, so I am glad they have cheaper options that you note.

sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton Sony FE 55mm F1.8 OnePlus One +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow