Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
yardcoyote
Senior MemberPosts: 1,966Gear list
Like?
one very special prime lens for MFT?
6 months ago

I have been thinking about a small, lightweight second camera on and off for a long time, and MFT keeps rising to the top as an intriguing candidate. (The new Olympus EM10 body is the latest to catch my eye.) I have had small cameras with zooms and have never warmed to them-- what I really want is a highly portable vehicle for an excellent prime lens, like the ones I loved so much on my film cameras and the ones I use on my DSLR today. My favorite focal lengths are 35mm, 50mm, and 85mm on FF, with 85mm being my absolute favorite. (Seriously, I used to carry an 85 on my film camera all the time, I know, I am a little odd.)

If I were to invest in a MFT camera, I would buy just one prime to put on it. The option for more is there if I decide I want to move the bulk of my work onto the smaller format, but what I'm really looking for is a finished package based around one lens. I realize if I was willing to commit to the 35mm FOV the Fuji X100S is staring me in the face, and it's probably the main option at this point. Are there MFT lenses that could offer me a similar experience at a longer FL?

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Pentax K-30 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited
Fujifilm X100S Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow