Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rose24
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Replacing my SD700?
7 months ago

I *love* this camera, yet I'd like to find an upgrade.  Here's what I love about the SD700 -

Metal body - feels solid.  Short lag time - I can turn camera on and take my pic quickly so I don't lose the moment.  Long battery life - it seems to go a very long time before needing to be charged, although I haven't done a lot of videoing.  I've never had to use a second battery.  Custom settings - I frequently take pix in low light with the proper ISO setting with good results instead of using the flash.  I'll admit that I'm definitely an amateur, however so while I do use some custom settings there's a lot I haven't used (yet).

So while I love this camera I'm looking to upgrade for basically 2 reasons.  The SD700 only has 6.0 pixels - my smartphone has at least that if not more.  Second it won't take more than a 2GB card and these are becoming more difficult to find.  I would also like to take more video, I think I haven't done much of this in the past as I didn't want to fill up the card too quickly.  I don't know what type of video it takes but I'm pretty sure it isn't 1080p HD.

I recently bought the 330HS and I have to say I wasn't impressed.  Outdoors pix were fine as well as video.  Indoor (on a sunny screened porch) colors didn't look that good.  Camera body was plastic and felt flimsy.  The battery performed well through the first charge, but I was unable to get it to hold a charge beyond the first charge, no matter how long I left it in the charger.  I'd take maybe 6 pix (no flash) then the screen would go blank and tell me to change the battery.  That camera was returned.

In looking at other newer models it seems that most of them seem to have the same battery issue.  I don't mind getting an older model in order to get a metal, sturdy camera body and usable, reliable battery life.  Wi-fi isn't necessary for me.

I'd love to hear any comments or suggestions - thanks!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow