Wide angle for A7/R?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
KwhyChang
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,157Gear list
Like?
Re: Wide angle for A7/R?
In reply to iullian, 10 months ago

I am sort of waiting for a lightweight FE wide zoom. Won't buy the FE24-70. Until then...

I use the Metabones III adapter for my many Canon lenses because: I like zoom.... for wide angle, I like exif info, I like image stabilization (when available), I like control of aperture, shutter, and both in Manual mode from camera, and I like AF, even if slow. I shoot mostly static subjects.

Talk about versatile.... I use my Canon EF 17-40 (475 grams) the most... for the best walk-around range, weight, and image quality, in a zoom YMMV. I bought this lens in 2004 and gotten my mileage out of it on crop and FF Canon for many years. I also plan to use it on a Metabones speed booster on the upcoming A6000.

EF 17-40 on A7. My current favorite wide angle for A7 at 17mm

at 24mm

No changing lenses. Here at 22mm. Don't know of a 22mm prime.

and at 40mm.

A7 with 17-40 @ 40mm in A7 Panorama mode

I also absolutely love using the Canon image stabilized primes, 24/2.8, 28/2.8, 35/2.0 when light is more challenging....up to four stops, to keep ISO and shutter speed low. I can only dream about these on the speed booster with A6000.

My thread on A7 with EF 24/2.8:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52781113

-- hide signature --

Dave

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow