Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TDphotog
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
1Dx intermittent images underexposed
10 months ago

In the last week, my fairly new (less than 5200 frames fired) Canon 1Dx will intermittently take photos that are massively underexposed.  There seems to be no reason for this, here are screen caps with the sequential images and exif data.

Correct Exposure

#2 (incorrect)

Inexplicably underexposed

#3: Same data as #2 and incorrectly exposed

#4: Normal

Correct exposure

The strobes fired all 4 times which you can see in the metal door frame highlights.  I didn't cycle the power or change any settings in between the 3rd and 4th exposure, it just went back to the correct exposure.  The exif data shows the same exposure settings for each frame, but obviously they are not all the same.  I thought maybe the depth of field preview was jammed on, but that shouldn't impact it.  It looks almost like a filter is being triggered somehow, has anyone else experienced this?  My previous body was a 1Ds Mk III so im very familiar with the product line and haven't experienced this before.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1Ds
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow