For those who blame tripod socket deformation on Black Rapid, think again!

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
AlanLawr
Regular MemberPosts: 140
Like?
Re: For those who blame tripod socket deformation on Black Rapid, think again!
In reply to Lance B, 10 months ago

I've been using my Black Rapid straps for almost 5 years. In fact, I think I had one of the original straps. I've used all of them including the double strap with my D800 and 2.8 glass. I use it with my 70-200 f/2.8 mounting it to the tripod leg of the lens.

Without a doubt, I've had absolutely no problems with any of their straps on any of my cameras. Surprisingly, one thing that hasn't been mentioned is that when your camera is mounted to your tripod, don't most people walk around with the camera mounted to the tripod and the tripod over your shoulder? If it is strong enough for that, why wouldn't the tripod mount be strong enough to handle the pressure from a Black Rapid strap?

The Black Rapid strap allows me to carry my heavy camera and lenses around all day. After shooting a wedding for 6 hours, I really appreciate the comfort. I have no fear that there will be any damage to my cameras. The fact that Nikon has now released their own branded Black Rapid strap only verifies what I've been telling people for years. Make sure your fastener is tight and you will have no issues.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow