Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Waltom
Regular MemberPosts: 326
Like?
If small sells, sell small
7 months ago

The boys over at DigitalRevTV did a comparison between the Canon 5D3 and Sony's mirrorless FF, the A7. Say what you will about Kai and his gang, they do come out with some unusual reviews.

The result seemed to indicate that the 5D3 still has a number of advantages over the Sony. Size seems  the biggest — and maybe the only — advantage the A7 has.

I've been following this roller coaster ride we've all been on lately (well, those of us slightly obsessed with gear) and personally I still do not see a good enough reason to sell my 5D3 and lenses and move to another FF system. (As an aside, I handled the A7 last fall in Tokyo so I am aware of its size first hand as it were). But I have to wonder why Canon doesn't at least offer a smaller FF camera. Maybe mirrorless, but maybe just similar functionality in a smaller body. Smaller than the 6D which at least weighs less than the 5D3. Call it the 3D perhaps. Yes, it might just be a stop gap measure, but I think it would be well received by photographers like myself who already have a bunch of Canon lenses we like.

If small sells, sell small.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow