Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RayUK
Contributing MemberPosts: 929Gear list
Like?
No AEB on TZ40 - others?
5 months ago

I spent a very productive hour yesterday in my local Jessops store examining various pocketable travel zooms, with which I want to replace my FZ200. I have developed an interest in HDR, and now always use AEB on both my FZ200 and G6, whether I plan to use HDR or not. They both capture 3 shots in what seems to be a fraction of a second, so ghosting is rarely a problem if I do do any HDR subsequently - if not the unused shots are discarded.

I was amazed to find that the TZ40 has no AEB facility, and neither does the equivalent Canon. The equivalent Nikon, Fuji, Sony and Samsung cameras do, as does the LF1 - although I really want the longer zoom of the TZ's.

The TZ40 was the only TZ example in the shop - do I assume that all previous TZ's are also lacking ? If so, presumably the forthcoming TZ's will be likewise.

I got a favourable first impression of the Samsung WB350, but worry about it's IQ and reliability.

All comments welcome.

Ray

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30 (Lumix DMC-TZ40)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow