Possible bad news for Rangefinger fans.......

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
straylightrun
Contributing MemberPosts: 877Gear list
Like?
Re: you can either have a good EVF or rangefinder form
In reply to Arn, 5 months ago

Arn wrote:

not both. That is, an EVF with a good maginification factor. A good EVF needs some serious glass inside and that means, there will be an EVF "hump" in the camera. Take a look at recent cameras with a really good EVF: Fuji X-T1, Sony A7, Olympus E-M1. All come with a hump.

Like this: http://www.dpreview.com/news/2014/02/16/cp-2014-fujifilm-stand-report/7

That makes it impractical for a rangefinder style camera to have such and EVF. The hump on the left side of the camera might look a bit silly. Either that, or the camera would have to be made larger in height or width to accomodate the big EVF.

Personally, I like rangefinder style of cameras as much as I do cameras with the traditional hump, but as I rather take a huge and clear EVF on my cameras, I don't see what the actual fuss is about the rangefinder form. Another thing: I don't think I've ever seen a rangefinder style camera with a fully articulated LCD. I would never give away my NX20's fully articulated LCD for a rangefinder form with a tilt-only LCD.

Ridiculous statement. Nothing is stopping it from happening just because it hasn't been done yet. Like someone else mentioned, look at the Panasonic GX7 and Sony NEX-7. Also manufacturers probably haven't gone all out with EVF and fully articulated LCD screens on rangefinder style bodies because they don't want to cannibilize their other high end dslr style body lines.

straylightrun's gear list:straylightrun's gear list
Sony Alpha 7S Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM Sony E PZ 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow