Nikon Df...an rear LCD screen brightness setting issue?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dave
Senior MemberPosts: 1,587
Like?
Nikon Df...an rear LCD screen brightness setting issue?
6 months ago

Hi All,

I've briefly shot with 2 different Nikon Df store display bodies and one of a personal aquantance and noticed something that was quite different (off) from all other Nikon DSLR's I've shot with over the years. Not sure if it's simply a calibration adjustment or something more germane to most all current Df bodies.

Simply put the rear LCD screen brightness levels on both bodies had to be set to a very low level to -4 ( -5 the lowest), to achieve a image on the screen that closely resembles reflects the exposure of the actual Raw file in CS6. Of course the rear LCD image can vary somewhat depending on viewing (lighting conditions), but it was fairly consistent to have to turn it way down to a level of -4 to achieve a degree of accuracy. Of course I judge exposure by the histogram but this still surprised me. On most other Nikon DSLR's, it rarely if ever required turning down the rear LCD to such low a level for most generalized shooting.

Just curious what others have observed for their own Df bodies and what LCD brightness settting closely approximated the actual exposure of the resulting file and whether this low setting of -4 is the norm with most Df bodies. Thanks!

Dave

Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow