Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MysteryLemon
Regular MemberPosts: 305
Like?
Clever auto ISO?
9 months ago

Dunno if it's just me but why is the Auto ISO on my Lumix GX1 so stupid?

It constantly seems to favor 1/60th in dim light when it could easily up the ISO to give a faster shot.  1/60th is far too slow for most situations.  I would rather it went for the faster shutter speed possible rather than trying to stick to the lowest ISO it can.

It also doesn't seem to be aware when you pop the flash.  I've had Auto ISO going for 1600iso when shooting flash which just results in a terrible red cast over images.  I pretty much shoot all flash in full manual now so I know the settings are right as the camera seems to get it wrong so often when left in P with auto ISO on.

Nikon seem to have it right with their DSLR Auto ISO which allows you to set a minimum shutter speed.  I used to have this set to 1/125 or even 1/200 and let the camera up the ISO to 1600 before it would lower the shutter speed. and if you raised the flash, the camera would automatically select 400iso.

Why do Panasonic not have any options to alter how Auto ISO works?  Even pentax allow you to select how the program line priorities it's settings.  Panasonic's Auto ISO just seems to do whatever the hell it pleases...

Is there any work around or fix?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow