X-T1 focusing speed.. compared to my old X-PRO1 & X100S (Video)

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
taz98spin
Contributing MemberPosts: 512Gear list
Like?
X-T1 focusing speed.. compared to my old X-PRO1 & X100S (Video)
8 months ago

Good morning everybody,

I got my X-T1 2 days ago and I'm still trying to get a feel for the camera. I have a studio session tomorrow with a NYC based model, so I'll be able to show images afterwards, but using the same sensor, I don't think there will be much difference between my older X-PRO1 and X100S.

The camera itself feels solid and heavy. I still like the way the X-PRO1 & X100S feel, but I'm sure the more I use this new camera, the better it will feel in my hands!

One thing that really stood out to me was the amazing EVF! Compared to my Olympus VF-4, which is the top of the line view finder for m43, the X-T1's EVF is a little bigger and better! I don't see the pixilation or low refresh rate in low light like some have mentioned.

However,.. let me rephrase this, so I don't get slammed.. but I am not blown away by the AF speed. I haven't tried it on my 14/2.8 lens yet, but with my 35/1.4, it seems similar to my X-PRO1.

Noisy and slow.. Less hunting which is good, but similar speeds. My X100S is so much faster, but that lens is a wider lens and a f/2.0 compared to f/1.4.

I haven't taken the camera out into good light yet, but here's a low light test video I did.

Please take a look and tell me what you think. All 3 cameras have the same custom settings and used Multi point AF.

Here's the environment.

Low Light Test.

& Here's the video

X-T1 AF Test

-- hide signature --
 taz98spin's gear list:taz98spin's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus PEN E-P5 Fujifilm X-T1 Sony Alpha 7S +8 more
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow