Four Thirds user goes MFT. Need lens advice...

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
SteveS58
Regular MemberPosts: 352Gear list
Like?
Four Thirds user goes MFT. Need lens advice...
7 months ago

I'm a long time four thirds user, currently E-30.  Last week I bought a refurb OMD EM-1 at a great price from Oly that I couldn't turn down.  I did some shooting this past Sunday, all outdoors,  with my four thirds lenses ( 14-54 version 1, 50mm, 50-200mm, and 9-18mm).  I had no focus problems to speak of, but being it was a sunny day and I was shooting in ideal conditions.  So my first impressions are that I love this camera, and it is an incredible upgrade from my E-30.  I'm still reading the manual ...these days you need a PHD to absorb all the techinical details.:-)

I love my Zuiko lenses.  However, my question to those users who have gone MFT, are you happy using four thirds lenses on the EM-1, or do you find that there is a significant advantage using MFT lenses?  If so, which of the MFT lenses are your favorites?  I do all kinds of photography from portraits to landscapes to street to macro.

Olympus E-30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow