Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Cyrus A
New MemberPosts: 7Gear list
Like?
X-T1 vs. X100s Image Quality
5 months ago

Hi everyone, I recently received my new X-T1 with the kit lens. It is a very nice camera. Compared to my loved X100s, it has better AF, EVF, lenses, etc etc just like the reviews. But I'm surprised at the color bias of the X-T1 being noticeably different than the X100s. It is now more like Nikon and pushing the reds of Sony. Plus, there is something missing from the photos. I take the same frame with both cameras, and the X-T1 photos lack the pop, the wow, the je ne sais quoi that made me love the X100s so much and get rid of almost everything else. I matched the settings as best as I could (DR, ISO, etc.). Sure the lenses are different, but that should not be such a factor for color, right? I know I can adjust the colors, but the X100s was set dead center-neutral and the default settings worked well for me. I am not a pro, and don't pretend to be. I don't pixel peep - I'm seeing this on the whole image. I don't have the time or ambition to post-process. I'd rather be out and about and that's why the OOC JPGs were so appealing to me. If I didn't have the X100s to reference, the X-T1 would be IT (for now) as it is definitely a fine camera.

Anyone else notice this? I thought there was mention of the X-E2 not having the same IQ as the X-E1. It would help me out if there are some yes/no's from others. Much better if anyone has figured out what color balance setting in the X-T1 would mimic the X100s. Thank you.

Cyrus A's gear list:Cyrus A's gear list
Canon PowerShot D10 Sony RX100 II
ANSWER:
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow