Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BrookNYC
Forum MemberPosts: 72Gear list
Like?
Taking pictures of T-shirts for a retail online store
6 months ago

To add to my long list of to do's I need learn how to take good pictures of T-shirts for an online retail store I co-own with my husband.

We just got back our pictures from our 2nd supposed pro photographer of the T-shirts and the pictures are horrible. Bad lighting, not cropped properly, shirts are not displayed properly. Yes I know I need to try a 3rd photographer but first I want to try myself. (I know for purposes of time I will end up hiring someone else but if I have the stuff here at least I can practice until I am good enough to use the pictures I take.)

My question is I know lighting is key as well as background. What kind of background do I need? I read a tent my husband read a green screen. Who is right?

Camera SL1
Flash Canon speedlite 430ex (This hasn't been purchased yet, I plan on going down to B&H later today to pick one up)

BrookNYC's gear list:BrookNYC's gear list
Canon EOS 100D
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 100D (EOS Rebel SL1)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow