Touit 12 or Sony 10-18?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
José B
Forum ProPosts: 17,479Gear list
Like?
Re: SEL1018
In reply to MrT-Man, 7 months ago

MrT-Man wrote:

It's been a great lens, Jose. The only complaint I have with the Touit 12 is that it doesn't quite have the same level of "Zeiss color" that I see with my other Zeiss lenses. To be clear the color is still very good, it's just doesn't seem to be quite as good. Maybe this is partly because it's a wide angle, so it has to capture a broader dynamic range of lighting in any given shot compared to what a narrower lens would need to do.

But it's so sharp I almost feel like I can just haphazardly point & shoot it at anything, and (given how wide it is) find something good to crop out of whatever I just captured!

Parallaxproblem, the issues I've had with Sony's QC (also on the 16mm) is a key factor that made me choose the Touit instead. I just didn't feel like playing lens roulette. Though I don't know what reputation the 10-18 has with respect to sample variation.

Here are some of the pics I've taken with the Touit 12.

Excellent pictures, love the composition and lighting! Thanks for sharing these, I will surely consider the Touit 12 if I want to add a wide angle lens to my arsenal.

José B's gear list:José B's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow