Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
p u z z l e
New MemberPosts: 1Gear list
Like?
G11 Autofocus Failure
2 months ago

My G11 was repaired a while back because it kept losing the date/time settings. They replaced the "conduit system" (whatever that may mean). The date/time settings are fine now, but the camera frequently fails to focus.

• In P, AV, TV and M modes I always get a yellow focus frame and the picture will often be out of focus when not zoomed in.
  • When zoomed in half way or more, focusing seems to be ok in P/AV/TV/M.
  • Focusing seems to mostly work in Auto-Mode (e.g. when I try to take a landscape photo in P mode that absolutely won't focus, switching to Auto without changing anything in the picture setup will typically get reasonable results).

The camera is running firmware 1.00L. I tried a factory reset.

Unfortunately, the warranty on that repair is over, and that repair shop also overcharged me on their estimate, so going back there isn't really an option.

Has anyone seen this kind of issue? Do you think it's mechanical (the fact that it somehow seems to be related to zoom makes me think it could be, but on the other hand, it does work a lot better in auto mode without changing anything about the zoom)? Does anyone have an idea how to fix it?

p u z z l e's gear list:p u z z l e's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon PowerShot G11
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow