Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Barry Pearson
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,591Gear list
Like?
Using 2 cards when using the Flucard
5 months ago

I don't know if this is so obvious that I needn't mention it, or so stupid that I shouldn't mention it. But I'll say it anyway!

During experiments last night with an OFC-1 Flucard in a K-3, one technique that showed promise was to use both card slots.

The K-3 was set to write DNGs to slot 1, and JPEGs to slot 2. There was a normal card in slot 1, and the Flucard in slot 2. So the browser just saw and downloaded the JPEGs. The K-3 was configured for smallish, lowish-quality, neutral, JPEGS. This configuration worked.

The aim is to use the JPEGs purely for reviews during the shoot, to ensure that the shoot is done right. Even small low-quality JPEGS could be sufficient for this, and certainly  download faster.

Then after the shoot, the JPEGs probably have no further use, and the DNGs are downloaded and used from the slot-1 card in the normal way.

Barry Pearson's gear list:Barry Pearson's gear list
Pentax K-7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Pentax K-5 Pentax Q Pentax K-5 IIs +21 more
Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow