How Do I convince...

Started Feb 27, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Forum MemberPosts: 53
How Do I convince...
Feb 27, 2014

As a long time Nikon user, my current camera body is a D7100 and I am very pleased with it.

I think I have a good kit of lenses: (Nikon 18-140, Nikon 35 mm 1.8, Nikon 70-300, Tokina 12-24,&Tamron 90 mm Macro. About to add a 50mm 1.8 D lens to the kit.

A family member is like me ; a daily snapper, but has changed cameras quite a few times, with a considerable financial loss I think most of the time.

They have gone from Lumix, to Nikon D3S, Canon 5 D, to Olympus OMD, now the current kit they have is a Sony RX1 and a recently acquired Sony A7 with a couple of old Minolta lenses.

I am now being encouraged (and we have had a few arguments ) that I should ditch my Nikon D7100 body and some lenses in exchange for a Sony A7, using some of my lenses and add an old Minolta or 2 to my kit.

As this is a Nikon Forum, I might be speaking with the converted, but does anyone see good reasons why I should seriously consider going the Sony route, or stay with the Nikon.?

To bring my family spat to an end, I am looking for some advice to throw back at them from my fellow Nikonites.

Nikon D3S Nikon D7100 Sony Alpha 7 Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow