Ricoh exhibiting at Photography Show, NEC, UK

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
JeffAHayes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,968Gear list
Like?
Re: Ricoh exhibiting at Photography Show, NEC, UK
In reply to pebar_Walsall, 8 months ago

pebar_Walsall wrote:

Just a quick reminder that the Photography Show takes place at the National Exhibition Centre from Saturday 1st March.

http://www.photographyshow.com

There's quite a list of exhibitors, including Ricoh on Stand L70.

http://www.photographyshow.com/page.cfm/Action=Exhib/ExhibID=226

I don't suppose there'll be any new stuff but there might be some bargains. (Fingers crossed.)

I've ordered my ticket, and am hoping to get there on Tuesday.

Cheers

Pete

I heard they were going to unveil the world's first FF camera with 864 AF points (one for every square mm on a 24 x 36mm sensor, plus many MILLIONS of metering points, an AA filter included, but with a SWITCH that lets you control whether it's on, off, or at various levels in between, shooting stills at up to 30 FPS at FULL RAW &/OR JPEG, has two or more slots that accept the fastest SD cards AND the fastest CF cards, all the way up to the current limit of 1 TB cards, and with that NOT set as a top limit.. Continuous AF refined to the point that when you LOCK ONTO a specific image, it not only attempts to continue to keep that image in focus, it actually PROMPTS the photographer which way to move and adjust focus to KEEP the image in focus prior to firing again, etc. I.E. ALL the bells and whistles we all want -- even those some of us may think are a bit ridiculous; i.e. the "Homer Simpson Car" version of a DSLR.

Who cares that it'lll cost $10,000 and NOBODY will be able to afford it? After all, it's really BRAGGING RIGHTS Pentax is after, isn't it? 

-- hide signature --

A word is worth 1/1000th of a picture... Maybe that's why I use so many words!

JeffAHayes's gear list:JeffAHayes's gear list
Pentax WG-3 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow