Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tylerc
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
New to cameras, and need cameras for TV Series prospect
6 months ago

I've been writing a drama about poker for 3 years, and I've budgeted to film the Pilot episode and 2 trailers. This is not a documentary, and at least 66% of the filming will be in pretty low light conditions. I need at least 2 cameras if not 3.

I'm new to cameras, but I learn really really fast. From my brief research I'm looking into a Canon 7D, and adding a 50 mm prime lens at f/1.2 stop. Supposedly the automatic cropping on the 7D makes the 50 mm an 80 mm instead. After researching the past 1-2 weeks I've noticed a lot of hype about the 5D mark iii. I'm unfamiliar, and was just guessing that the 7D was the upgrade.

The nature of this film is inconsistent. There is a lot of physical violence/action, I'll need a lot of focus on non-action close up human emotion, and vivid detail on chips, cards, and body language. Some scenes there will be stare downs, and other scenes there will be late night robberies.

Any and all input, advice, or further questions would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to stick under $10k for 2-3 cameras, and if I get funding for the rest of my 1st season without a network picking me up I would like to continue using whatever I decide to purchase.

www.facebook.com/grindersfanpage

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow