Received the Carl Zeiss Contax 90mm F2.8 today.

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
stevo23
Senior MemberPosts: 3,488Gear list
Like?
Re: Received the Carl Zeiss Contax 90mm F2.8 today.
In reply to iullian, 6 months ago

iullian wrote:

stevo23 wrote:

LBJ2 wrote:

First, it appears that I lucked-out and received true to the sellers description, a very clean "like new" lens. After my flash light inspection it does look "new". Secondly, I am shocked at how compact/small this lens is. Wow.

I'll be connecting to the A7r with a Metabones Contax G to Emount adapter ( my first third party lens experience) so am really hoping the optical quality performs as well as this lens looks! ( I must say this is one physically attractive lens).

Thanks for sharing! I'm waiting for one now - G lenses are a great bargain. I've seen quite a few images from the G45 and G90 on the A7 and they are quite good. Heck, this little guy with adapter is less than my Nikon 85 1.8 was. And a better lens.

I have one for sale (Contax G Sonnar 90/2.8), super extra MINT (really like new, without any sign of wear, scratches, fungus, dust, etc.) on ebay.

I used it on A7 with superb results. I used it for portraits, combined with the Metabones (champagne color) adapter. I am selling it to fund for the FE 55/1.8.

My next portrait lens (when I will have some extra money) will be one of the two: Samyang 85/1.4(T1.5) or Voigtlander 75/1.8 Both have much better manual focus then any focus through adapter. And both are faster.

That Voigtlander is very tempting - and the price is right.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow