Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
riderfanreturns
Contributing MemberPosts: 648Gear list
Like?
Sirui T-005x or Sirui T-025x that is the question
5 months ago

I have been doing a lot of research and have narrowed my choice down to Sirui t-005x or Sirui T-025x.  I'd really like input from those who have owned both these tripods or have done direct hands on comparisons.

I am leaning toward getting the T-005x as it is $137 vs $220 US and I'm not convinced I'll see much difference other than the roughly 0.3 lbs (0.15 kg) weight reduction.  Does the T-025x have noticeably better stability/less vibration?  I don't need the higher load rating to hold m43 gear (I won't use often, if at all, with my DSLR).

Background:

I'm looking for a travel tripod to take with m43 gear on vacations that involve flights and for occasionally around town when I want to keep kit light.   I already have a 4 section carbon fibre Benro that weighs about 3.5 lbs with head.  This has been fine for my mostly indoor DSLR use.   I only took it on one trip as we were renting a car when we got there and it was a scenic vacation.  It did come in handy.

I bought a Gorillapod SLR Zoom + mini Manfrotto ball head for travel but have found I never use it partially due to seldom seeing good opportunities where I could mount it (and still see the LCD) and partially because high ISO, F2.8 and IS has often been good enough.

Now that I have invested in m43 gear (E-M5, 12-40, a few primes etc.) I think I will try harder to explore night photography, take quick photos of my wife AND me on vacations etc..  I'd also like to try some slow shutter speed waterfall type photos when opportunities present themselves.  We may be going on a bus tour of Scotland and possibly Ireland this summer so thought I should pick something up before then (and sell the Gorillapod+head).

Thanks for any help (and yes I've read all the relevant threads ).

-- hide signature --

I think I have GAS. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome)

riderfanreturns's gear list:riderfanreturns's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2 Canon EOS 7D Olympus OM-D E-M5
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow