Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
The Davinator
Forum ProPosts: 13,377Gear list
Like?
Re: NEW Fujifilm Camera!
In reply to Graham Hill, 10 months ago

Graham Hill wrote:

Dave Luttmann wrote:

I've always been more of an Astia person myself...but these look nice. I agree, you probably could have gotten an extra 1/2 stop or so safely.

Thanks Dave. I have 5 rolls of Astia in my freezer. I'm not sure what to shoot with them as I have never used this film before. I know that it is good for portraits, but what else would you recommend that I use this film on?

-- hide signature --

"Film is not a means to the end of "looking like film"... Making film-based photographs is an end in itself for me, not some kind of elaborate photoshop plugin. If I can't put Tri-X in the goddamn thing, I don't want it."
Anonymous

It is nice for portraits in natural light.  I actually like it as a landscape film because it has about 1 stop more dynamic range than Velvia....and the grain is a bit finer.  It has been my goto film in 35mm and my Bessa R2a on many trips to Arizona.  I bulked up and have nearly 400 rolls of 35mm and nearly 300 sheets in 4x5.  I ran a test a couple of years ago and from a drum scan, it was grainless at 32x40....and sometimes 40x50.

The Davinator's gear list:The Davinator's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow