Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gmanc
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
XT1 same sensor dust issue
5 months ago

I mentioned in a previous XE2 thread about having received several cameras with dust between the sensor protective glass and the sensor resulting in dust spots that couldn't be cleaned off. I finally gave up on the XE2 and went back to using my XE1. When the XT1 became available I decided to give it another go and received the camera today. I decided to test the dust issue with the sensor first thing and unfortunately I found 7 dust spots in this brand new camera. Of course I did both a dry and wet clean but nothing changed, same dust in the same place. I called Fuji customer service and they were sympathetic to the problem but really couldn't offer a solution other than sending it back and trying another camera body. I'll be sending it back this week but I can't say I'm confident that a new body won't have the same issue, very frustrating.

Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow