Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Andy Hewitt
Senior MemberPosts: 2,647Gear list
Like?
Early X-S1
5 months ago

The X-S1 I bought off eBay seems to be an early model - serial number begins with 14N.

However, it is in immaculate condition, the listing described it as 'hardly used', and it certainly looks that way.

I've only managed a few test shots at home, and so far can only think how good this camera is. I've tried shooting at some light sources and can't detect any 'orbs', and the lens barrel seems to be pretty sturdy, with no signs of droop, and only minimal lateral movement.

My question is, are the orb/droop issues only affecting a certain number of examples? It doesn't seem to be affecting this one anyway.

Otherwise, I like it a lot, ergonomically it suits my hands very well, and I don't mind the weight at all (coming from much heavier DSLRs). I'm looking forward to getting about with this one as soon as I can get out in daylight.

Cheers.

-- hide signature --

Andy Hewitt
Using FujiFilm HS50EXR and Apple iMac 27" 3.2GHz

Andy Hewitt's gear list:Andy Hewitt's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-S1 Fujifilm X-S1 Apple Aperture Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Apple iPhone 4S
Fujifilm X-S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow