Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
danelmix
Regular MemberPosts: 363Gear list
Like?
First impression of 70200G1......
5 months ago

I bit the bullet after trying out many 70200 brands and got the Sony G V1, I was fortunate enough to find a new one (paying for it sucked!).   As posted by many, at f/4 the glass is tack sharp. And the bokeh I find quite nice. Here is, and I quote, a " handheld snapshot" at 3200iso indoors of my dog, no lights were on, just window light. All I did was thrown on some NR from Camera Raw.  I have to say I am quite pleased! I usually find that I have to add a little clarity to get that dimensional effect in his face, not so with this shot.  Can't wait to do some real work with it!

On a side note, anyone who has used other bodies in the A99 range, would the noise really be that much better with lets say a Canon 5d MK3? Just curious.

Cheers

danelmix's gear list:danelmix's gear list
Sony SLT-A99 Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM
Canon EOS 5D Nikon 1 V1 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow