Fuji 14mm - any good for people photography??

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
2011windmere
New MemberPosts: 7Gear list
Like?
Fuji 14mm - any good for people photography??
6 months ago

Hello all,

I am seriously considering buying the Fuji 14mm lens given it's all round excellent reputation (bit of GAS possibly setting in I think ) but I do have a doubt in that I wonder if it will be fit for my purpose of shooting mostly family, friends, etc. I don't really want to spend a lot of money on something I end up not using much no matter how good it is. I do travel and it would see some use for city scapes etc, but not a great deal.

I really love using the X100 because of the context it puts the person(s) into and it's general all round versatility with the 35mm fov but wondered if the 14mm would be too wide for similar scenarios?? Is the 14mm really more suited for landscapes, architecture etc or can it be used successfully to give interesting compositions and shots with people???

Love to hear some views and advice with any examples if possible. Thanks. 

2011windmere's gear list:2011windmere's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F50fd Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-A1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +2 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow