ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Fish Chris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,727Gear list
Like?
Way late to the party, but anyway....
7 months ago

better late, than never.

Just got my 7D.... which I should have had for the last 4 years. I got it used from B&H for $879. They rated it a condition of 9. As far as the finish, its flawless. Zero scuffs or scratches. Perfect LCD screen.

One thing that kind of bugged me {and I don't know if this is normal, but it does not seem like it should be} they sent me the camera with a battery already in it, and it was so completely dead, it wouldn't turn the camera on I dunno' about you guys, but when I buy a new camera, I want to put the battery in myself, then turn it on and see it light up ! Kind of sucked having to wait an hour to see if the batt was still good, and of course to see "IF" the camera worked ?

Anyway, after a charge, it lit up all pretty So I did some low light test shots. Then did some rapid fire bursts, which seems to give me 23-25 shots, before slowing down.... however, during those 23-25 shots, it did have a few little glitches where it would do like 12 shots, all taking .13 seconds each, then it would take one that took like .18 then back to .13, for like 5 more shots, then another shots at .19 or something ? In other words, not completely smooth ?

What was the name of that software update ? Will that help this ^ ?

Oh, I'm using this CF card > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/646873-REG/SanDisk_SDCFXP_016G_A91_16GB_Extreme_Pro_CompactFlash.html

Is this card fast enough  ? I want another card anyway.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have a bunch more questions in the coming weeks, but I plan to start playing with my new toy quite a bit, especially focus testing / fine tuning, and such.

Open to any advice from long time 7D users....

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh hey, to any birders here;

What are your typical settings for BIF ? Anybody use TV or AV ? Of course I will develop my own shooting style over time, but it would be great if I knew a good starting point, with my settings...

Peace,

Fish

Fish Chris's gear list:Fish Chris's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow