ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Fish Chris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,248
Like?
Way late to the party, but anyway....
2 months ago

better late, than never.

Just got my 7D.... which I should have had for the last 4 years. I got it used from B&H for $879. They rated it a condition of 9. As far as the finish, its flawless. Zero scuffs or scratches. Perfect LCD screen.

One thing that kind of bugged me {and I don't know if this is normal, but it does not seem like it should be} they sent me the camera with a battery already in it, and it was so completely dead, it wouldn't turn the camera on I dunno' about you guys, but when I buy a new camera, I want to put the battery in myself, then turn it on and see it light up ! Kind of sucked having to wait an hour to see if the batt was still good, and of course to see "IF" the camera worked ?

Anyway, after a charge, it lit up all pretty So I did some low light test shots. Then did some rapid fire bursts, which seems to give me 23-25 shots, before slowing down.... however, during those 23-25 shots, it did have a few little glitches where it would do like 12 shots, all taking .13 seconds each, then it would take one that took like .18 then back to .13, for like 5 more shots, then another shots at .19 or something ? In other words, not completely smooth ?

What was the name of that software update ? Will that help this ^ ?

Oh, I'm using this CF card > http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/646873-REG/SanDisk_SDCFXP_016G_A91_16GB_Extreme_Pro_CompactFlash.html

Is this card fast enough  ? I want another card anyway.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have a bunch more questions in the coming weeks, but I plan to start playing with my new toy quite a bit, especially focus testing / fine tuning, and such.

Open to any advice from long time 7D users....

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh hey, to any birders here;

What are your typical settings for BIF ? Anybody use TV or AV ? Of course I will develop my own shooting style over time, but it would be great if I knew a good starting point, with my settings...

Peace,

Fish

Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow