Now this is OLD SCHOOL: Birding with a Deardorff!

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 22,155Gear list
Like?
Now this is OLD SCHOOL: Birding with a Deardorff!
10 months ago

Out birding this weekend, I noticed a very old-school rig out there in the wetlands, alongside the P&S, phone cams, and DSLR shooters.  This lady was shooting a large-format view camera...I'm pretty sure it's a Deardorff with a Nikkor lens...something typically used for landscape shooting, but here she was aiming at an island full of great blue herons, egrets, anhingas, and cormorants nesting:

I'd actually love to see her results - I don't know if she might have been photographing the birds closeup, using a longer focal, or if she might have been shooting the island itself in landscape form, with all the nesting birds filling the island.  I know Nikkor has at least two large-format lenses I know of - a 90mm prime and a 300mm prime...so she could be shooting either.

For all of us who go birding with DSLRs, SLTs, mirrorless cams, even ultrazoom P&S cams...I thought some birders might enjoy a more rare sight - large format film cameras!

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow