Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
a l b e r t
Senior MemberPosts: 1,275Gear list
Like?
X-T1 + 56 1.2 impression from a X-E2 user
6 months ago

Got to play with X-T1 at the local Fujifilm store, together with Zeiss 12mm, Fuji 14mm, 23mm, 27mm, 35mm, 56mm 1.2 and 55-200mm lenses.  Coming from X-E2 and have used XPro1/X-E1/X100, here are my impressions:

- The EVF is not as lag free as everyone was saying here.  It feels about the same as X-E2.  Blurring still occurs when I pan the camera horizontally.  The blurring is more noticeable with wide angles lenses and less with telephoto.

- The EVF sure looks big and the uncluttered display is nice (Fuji should have done this since day one).

- The handgrip design is very nice.  It feels solid and secure.  I'm using the Fuji grip with X-E2 and I'm pretty sure I can skip the additional handgrip with this one.

- The EV compensation dial is not as stiff as someone was reporting here, about the same as X-E2 and I have no problem changing it with just my thumb.

- The 4-way controller is sure hard to press.  The buttons are sloped/recessed towards the center which makes them harder to press compared to having flat buttons.

- The shutter dial detents do not feel quite as positively as X-E2, it has a bit of a mushy feel.  Same with the dials for changing metering and drive mode.

- The tilting LCD has a solid feel.

- 8fps is fast and I can keep shooting without any slow down.  With X-E2, high speed shooting slows down after a second or two.

- During the high speed shooting mode, there is no live view between frames.  All I saw were 8 frames presented within the second.  This is the same as X-E2.

- AF seems about as fast as X-E2.  It could be a little bit faster (hard to tell), as the X-T1 seems to drive the AF motor faster.

- Shutter sound is quiet, which is the same as X-E2.

Impression on the 56mm 1.2:

- The aperture detent/click is about the same as XF23 or XF14.  Which is still pretty easy to change accidentally.

- I can sure feel the weight on this lens, but it does feel very balanced on X-T1.  It is still far lighter than the Canon 85 1.2.

- Focus speed is somewhere between the 35 and the 23.

- AF motor noise is similar to the 23.  It is not silent, but not as annoying as the 35.

a l b e r t's gear list:a l b e r t's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Nikon D3S Fujifilm X-E1 +7 more
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow