Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Setter Dog
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,622
Like?
Confused about Tripods-Need some advice
5 months ago

I normally shoot hand held with my cameras, but have recently been doing some time lapse and other things requiring a tripod. I have several inexpensive tripods, most thrown in with a "bundle" when I bought a new camera. They work okay with light cameras and camcorders, but are not satisfactory when using my G6 w/45-200mm or 100-300mm. I can get it all set up, but when I have finished all the tightening, the camera settles, usually well below the focus point. It takes forever to outguess it.

I've looked at tripods in the stores and online, but just get more confused the more I look. I'm also somewhat surprised at the prices.

I don't need a tripod that is particularly lightweight. I'm not a hiker. The farthest I'd carry it would be from my car to a site where I'm photographing animals in the National Parks, maybe 20-30 yards.

Could someone recommend a solid tripod to me. I will be using it with a Pany G6 w/100-300mm lens for the most part. I'd like to stay under $100, if I can get a good one in that price range. Thanks!

Jack

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow