Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pHneutral
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Canon (70d) or Sony (a6000)?
8 months ago

May I ask, which of the two would you guys choose, and why? The Canon 70d or the Sony a6000?

I'm involved with street and documentary photography, and I'm trying to choose between the two. In the past I really liked the Canon DSLR camera's, but years ago I had to sell my gear due to more financial difficulty at the time. However, I always carried a Powershot G10, and later G11 with me, and even managed to win a contest (that someone else signed me up for) with a picture I made with it, that was published in papers worldwide.

I consider myself to be quite creative (but "best picture" is always yet to come ), and I'm really in depth familiar with all the settings and options of the Canon camera controls and (creative) combinations. Also, I really liked that the Powershots (and 70d) has a flip LCD screen, not just a tilted one, like on the Sony A6000. That really comes in handy for spontaneous portraits, because people tend to feel less "watched" .

Canon also has a wider range of lenses, and I like the combination of the 70d with a 18-135mm. Perhaps later I could buy a higher quality lens, after I earned back my investment by picking up on some photography odd jobs (local papers/wedding/other suggestions?).

The Sony A6000 however, has a technically better sensor, more light sensitive. I would miss a standard lens with it, that has a similar range to the Canon 18-135 though. I would have to get a 16-55 or something with it, and another one for higher range. Or find an Alpha lens with converter?

Anyway, I like to hear from you!

Kind regards,

pHneutral.

Canon EOS 70D Canon PowerShot G11 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow