Full frame Mirror-less or NEX7

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
steve vida
Regular MemberPosts: 349Gear list
Like?
Re: Full frame Mirror-less or NEX7
In reply to nickels25, 8 months ago

I moved up to a A7 from the 5n the end of Dec `13,I was using legacy glass on the 5n as well the kit twins.My A7 came with a Metabones adapter that was a big improvement on the cheaper adapters I had up till then.I have been still using my 5n as it is a truly compact camera & much easier to carry all the time.I cant say the same of the A7.The A7 offers a big IQ jump for the times that require it,it also allows me to use my older Nikkors at their native picture angle.Ive found that the use of a tripod & careful focusing pays dividends but the full frame also offers amazing high ISO performance.It can just magnify poor technique.There are advantages to both FF & APS-C when using legacy lenses.I have a 55 micro nikkor F2.8,it works very well as both a 55 & a 82 on ASP-C.I wonder if my choice would have been as easy if the A6000 had come out in December.

steve vida's gear list:steve vida's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow