Got an X-T1 and 23mm f/1.4 today. My first Fuji. I'm impressed and disappointed at the same time.

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Reality Check
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Re: My first Fuji. I'm impressed and disappointed at the same time.
In reply to The Photo Ninja, 10 months ago

Just as it is with any other brand or model, yes you will experience different levels of AF performance with different lenses. One really need not worry about it, it is the nature of the industry and technology. To give it some perspective, there is/was a difference in focusing performance even with manual focus lenses and all one need do with those is turn a ring... If you consider all the variables involved with moving the elements and mechanics inside it is a given that there will be better-worse performance from different lenses.

All else being equal, you can check other things within the scope of the camera itself (focus settings, firmware, etc) as mentioned by others. Understand as well that the fastest AF performance of any camera, regardless of the style of camera, will be single point - not letting the camera guess what you might want to focus on somewhere across the sensor. You may also want to check out another lens, perhaps there is something wrong or needing adjustment with the one you have. There are several reviews online that have demonstrated impressively quick AF and tracking performance, so unless those people received the cream of the production crop the performance should be there.

What may be helpful to the forum, in its response, is what type of AF performance were you expecting...?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow