Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Dandrewk
Contributing MemberPosts: 707Gear list
Like?
Re: Just got the zeiss 24-70mm for my a7r
In reply to nostatic, 7 months ago

nostatic wrote:

Dandrewk wrote:

The lens has been available for about a week. Reviewers may have had pre-release versions for longer than that. Perhaps we can hold off until this website and other reliable sources have had a chance to properly test and evaluate this lens.

Crazy talk. Right now dozens of DPR members are writing reviews. Of course they don't have the lens, nor do they own an A7(r). But they've seen photos on the interwebs and that is proof enough!

fwiw I've seen tests from someone who I trust and they are very good. Not perfect - no zoom is. I've had my copy for a few days and I don't have any complaints. Comparing it to the 35/2.8 and RX1r gives comparable results. That alone is good enough for me since both of those solutions are stellar. ymmv.

Not sure where you get "crazy talk".  There's no debating that "dozens" have seen and commented upon images posted buy someone else, none of which are done in a controlled, repeatedly fashion producing OBJECTIVE results based on generally accepted criteria.  Until then... well, it's what Inspector Harry Callaghan said about "opinions"...

But really, what does it matter?  The -only- important "criteria" is perfectly stated in your second paragraph.  You and I bought the lens and are happy with the results.  Personally, I don't need anything else.

Dandrewk's gear list:Dandrewk's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow