ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
steviepics
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
upgrading on a budget…suggestions??
6 months ago

Heyyy all,

I've been obsessing since xmas over what camera I should upgrade to…I've been ok with mediocre product photography in my Etsy shop for the last year because 1) I seem to be selling stuff despite my shortcomings and 2) I couldn't really afford to do better.

Well at xmas my husband basically said "let's step it up a notch" and very sweetly bought me a surprise canon powershot sx500 and I responded "aww thanks but it doesn't have a hot shoe " which I'm convinced (kind of?) that I should have if I'm going to upgrade at all because it seems like that's the best way to get the photos I want in the environment I have (small, lowlight) with less editing than I'm doing now. So we returned it and the hunt continues.

Right now I'm eyeing the Panasonic Lumix FZ70 on Amazon because it's at $279 new. But I'm pretty sure I'll never need a zoom that serious. From what I've read, it seems that some of the picture quality has gotten sacrificed because of the zoom….is there anything else in the price range that's worth checking out?? I'm looking for under $350-ish and here are my current pics if you're curious:

Link removed as advertising is strictly not permitted.

Footski

Thank you!

EDIT: I'm currently using a little pink Samsung SL30

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow