A6000 colour: black or silver-ish ? Vote here :)

Started 10 months ago | Polls thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 15,690Gear list
Like?
Re: A6000 colour: black or silver-ish ? Vote here :)
In reply to miro3, 10 months ago

miro3 wrote:

Marla2008 wrote:

DimitriDV wrote:

Seeky wrote:

I voted black because:

1. The silver finish doesn't match the aluminum silver lenses.
  2. There are more black lenses which don't look nice on a silver body.

Caveats:

1. Scratches will be less visible with the silver body.
  2. We don't know how the silver plastic parts hold up.

If the lenses exactly matched the A6000 body color, and there were more silver lenses (35 f1.8, 10-18), than the silver version would be my choice.

I don't dislike the SEL1670 on the silver A6000, matches nicely with the black hand grip imo.

On my Nex-6 I got a few corners where the black finish went away leaving some white visible; this can easily be covered with a black permanent marker (fades with use, but pretty much looks like new). Such marks would be lesser visible with a silver finish probably, but not as easy to cover up.

I noticed that the Sony branding is not as visible on the silver finish, which I find positive since I don't like to showoff brands; I have covered it with a little piece of black tape on my Nex-6 which is still an effective solution, and perhaps renders it more invisible than what possible on a silver finish. A tie on this point imo.

Does anybody think that one of the colors would lower its resale value (however my plan is to use it myself until it breaks)?

-- hide signature --

Some photos taken since I bought my Nex-6&7: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dimitriv/

Yes, I think the black will hold value better. Current Silver and White NEX bodies sell for *dirt*

Thanks god there is no pink version (yet).

-- hide signature --

"If you don't have an expression, you don't have a shot" - Peter Hurley.
http://itsnotthecamera.wordpress.com/

If it was made by Pentax instead, there would be!

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow