Looking for a new Nikon camera, and I am lost, can someone help?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DispatcherMom
New MemberPosts: 1Gear list
Like?
Looking for a new Nikon camera, and I am lost, can someone help?
5 months ago

I am a mother of a 7 month old, but also like to take pictures not only of her but of landscapes, cars at the dragstrip, car shows, airplanes taking off and in the sky, etc. I need a camera that can do these things. I had a point and shoot camera L120 (or something like that, it broke ) but it felt not up to my standards and I ended up bored with it anyway. Time to upgrade to a dslr but dont know where to start. I went to my local shop (Camcor, if anyone lives in the Burlington, NC area) and I received some wonderful information from someone there and he recommended the Nikon 3200 and I really did see some good in it. He told me to come here and look at some reviews and other cameras to make sure I have found the camera that I want. So here is what I really want out of a camera...

1. When in a room with not a lot of natural light, I want my photos to come out not looking so yellow.

2. My little girl moves quickly, I want to be able to capture those moments, along with race days, I do not want the cars to be a big blur going down the track.

3. close ups on flowers, etc.. want them to look crisp and clean, same with shots from afar... when I zoom in up on an airplane in the sky, I dont want it to look horribly blurred or off.

I dont want to spend a whole lot on a camera, my max is really 700-800.

Thanks.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Coolpix L120
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow