What would make a person buy a camera instead of a cell phone?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,868Gear list
Like?
What would make a person buy a camera instead of a cell phone?
8 months ago

Is this a question camera makers might be asking themselves right now, based on reports that DSLR and mirrorless camera sales just keep declining, and declining?

What do you think camera makers need to do to survive?  And maybe let's not say "survive", but let's just say SELL MORE by attracting more people like they used to.  What do you think the "future" camera should have?

I can only think of one thing.  Put a little Facebookbutton on the camera and make it access your Facebook page straight from the camera and i bet you MILLIONS of teenagers will start going crazy over that.  Well, not only teenagers  

I think future cameras should be more FUN in order for them to survive!  I think camera makers have to seriously "re-invent" the wheel here.  Let's face it, wireless interface IS the future.  In fact, It already is.

Fuji sure will have to work on the battery life issue for sure  

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow