Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BushmanOrig
Senior MemberPosts: 2,898Gear list
Like?
Again amazed by the 14-54mm IQ
10 months ago

I am a happy E-M5 owner and will most probably not change up fast. I recently re-discovered FT photography when I bought a 11 - 22mm and a 14 - 54 mm MKII for less than 250$ each. Prices on these lovely older FT lenses are falling and they becoming an attractive option all over again....

I was looking for an appropriate body and managed to get an E30 also at a really attractive price......

Using this combination is the fun part. It is true that the sensor in the E30 cannot match the E-M5 but that is not what this is about. By using the E30 combo correctly one can get results which are just amazing......

I saw a 35 - 100mm in the used market, at a constant f2 this is most probably the most exciting option out there at the going 2nd hand prices. A saw a 8mm FY at 350$, in the past this beauty was 800$ plus....

Final interesting aspect I noticed was the stability of the bigger more heavier combo....

Next step for this "old timer" up-grader will be adding an E5.....question is will it be better than the E30 and by how much.....will have to wait a little longer for prices to get below the 400$ mark.....

Any similar experiences?

Siegfried

-- hide signature --

I love equipment..........and photography....

BushmanOrig's gear list:BushmanOrig's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 +10 more
Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow