X-E1 vs X-M1 for novice

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
wyldberi
Senior MemberPosts: 2,045Gear list
Like?
Re: X-E1 vs X-M1 for novice
In reply to jeremyclarke, 5 months ago

jeremyclarke wrote:

Sidenote: It's fun to notice how many X-E1 enthusiasts out there seem to be 50+ years old. It definitely appeals to the people who started shooting before automatic/digital cameras were any good

Why, hell, son, every time I pick up a camera I invariably push the thing up to my right eye expecting to encounter a viewfinder of some sort. Force of habit; 50 years of practice has a way of ingraining certain actions into our nervous systems. Can't tell you how many times I've picked up those annoying P&S cameras and felt confused for a few seconds while I searched around and remembered that things change, and most people today probably don't have a clue as to what an actual viewfinder is or what it's for.

Thank heaven's for Fuji. They've reinvented the wheel -- I mean camera. Now I've got a decent viewfinder to look through. Not to mention dials to turn, and rings on the lens barrel that actually DO something!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow