Benjamin Kanarek
Senior MemberPosts: 1,087Gear list
Like?
Re: Because the OP does ...
In reply to ne beginner, 8 months ago

ne beginner wrote:

fishywisht wrote:

Rich Rosen wrote:

Am I assuming that this shoot was the same one, you told us about a month ago in another thread? I can certainly see your excitement, or satisfaction with the work you produced with the D800 and the oft maligned 24-120. As an owner of the lens, I have been happy with what I can do with it. But what you've done with it throws a whole new light on the lens's ability. Thanks for sharing with us.

Why do people keep going on about the 24-120? OP does not emphasise it. It's not even in the thread title. It's the D800 in the thread title. If OP would set up the shots for me, I could shoot these with the Canon 35-135 over his shoulder

It's no challenge to any zoom's capabilities to shoot it at f8 with flash!

This thread is just a bit of entertainment, in no particular way does it demonstrate the potential of camera equipment over any other. It would be more to the point to specify the lighting.

... Look at the post above yours. While he does mention the D800 in the title, the OP comments more on the lens than anything else about this shoot, in numerous replays to posts.

Not saying this is the case, but it's almost as if he is a Nikon spokesperson hired to make some positive noise on this lens.

Are you kidding??? Nikon doesn't need me really. They have a huge roster of Pro Fashion Photographers around the world who use the D800 and swear by it. I got the 24-120 because I wanted a stabilised lens in this range and this is all that was available. I was pleasantly surprised by the results.

The End

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow