tex
tex
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,164Gear list
Like?
Of course it does!
In reply to sassenach74, 6 months ago

sassenach74 wrote:

tex wrote:

you sound like one of the people that should not have gotten this camera. I knew it was slow before I purchased it. My work is set up stuff, even in the field. I have no need for quick response. While your times seem abnormally slow---suggesting something wrong at your end---nobody who paid attention to the specs would have chosen this camera as a quick response device.

Perhaps you didn't fully account for your own style of shooting?

-- hide signature --

tex_andrews, co-founder and webmaster of The LightZone Project, an all-volunteer group providing the free and open source LightZone photo editing software. Personal website: www.texandrewsart.com
"Photography is the product of complete alienation" Marcel Proust
"I would like to see photography make people despise painting until something else will make photography unbearable." Marcel Duchamp

Shooting style has nothing to do with how long a camera takes to start up.

Having a shooting style that requires a quick response from a camera, and not purchasing one that has that? How does this make sense?  The specs are plain.

You knew start up could often take 10-20 seconds before you bought it? Really?

But, as I said if you had read my response more carefully---which you did not given your response---my A7r is not nearly this slow.  A couple or 3 seconds at the most---so I think something is wrong at his end, as I said.  Could be a bad unit, could be something else.  I have no idea since I have not experienced anything like this.  Still given my experiences, which are far faster, not something I'd want to do rapid response with given its somewhat leisurely start up times.

Terrible response from you.

Back atcha.

-- hide signature --

tex_andrews, co-founder and webmaster of The LightZone Project, an all-volunteer group providing the free and open source LightZone photo editing software. Personal website: www.texandrewsart.com
"Photography is the product of complete alienation" Marcel Proust
"I would like to see photography make people despise painting until something else will make photography unbearable." Marcel Duchamp

tex's gear list:tex's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Pentax 645Z Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow